I was curious what other people have made as far as creation myths and stories.

Here is one of mine:

The Void awoke and thought. From its thought came Chaos. Chaos was and is and is all there will be. Void saw this and heard this and hated it, so the Void created Imortos, a being of perfect order. Imortos also hated Chaos, but did not understand how to stop Chaos. So Void thought one more time and created a being that understood both chaos and order, Kelaster. Kelaster looked at Chaos and Imortos and came up with an idea. He began whispering things to Imortos and dropping hints here and there, sowing the seeds of what was to come.

It was then that Imortos came to Kelaster with an idea. He would build a great machine that would finally transform Chaos into order. He poured over the details, explaining it to Kelaster. Kelaster would interject only to offer suggestions and make minor corrections. When Imortos finished, Kelaster asked Imortos what he would build this great machine out of. “You,” replied Imortos.

“Now brother, do you really think that I would make good materials for this machine? I would muck it up, ruining the perfect order of things,” replied Kelaster. His words resonated with Imortos, and Imortos asked Kelaster to aid him in becoming the machine. Imortos wrote out all the instructions for the machine and then instructed Kelaster to cut him up and reassemble him as Mechanus, the Cosmic Clock. Kelaster killed Imortos and did as instructed, but tweaked the design somewhat as he did so. When Mechanus began, time did as well, killing Chaos and splitting it into the past, the present, and the future. Because Kelaster tweaked Imortos’ design, chance now exists and the future is not fully realized.

Whew, that was longer than I thought it would be. Thanks for staying and reading. Can’t wait to read some of yours.

• SassyGumsquatch@lemm.eeOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Kelaster is absolutely a trickster deity, but it is understood that eventualyl all things will collapse because of him and the Void will consume everything, so I guess the Void still gets what it wants in the end.

I like your story a lot. It feels very mythological. The accidental creation of the world is a fun idea that I think I am going to ruminate about now.

• DerKriegs@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Sounds like a piece of work, this guy… Might as well enjoy the ride in the meantime I suppose!

And thanks! Definitely was going for a high mythology feel for the creation. And history always seems to be quite accidental in our world, so why not superimpose our fantasy conceits upon it?