Just finished Adrian Tchaikovsky’s Children of Time. One of my top reads, let alone sci-fi reads, for the past couple of years for sure. Super well-thought out concepts, good character development, and an irresistible hook that will take you out of your comfort zone when you find out that you really don’t know who you are siding with!

Has anyone read this or any of Tchaikovsky’s other works??

• Fermiverse@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I listened to the audiobooks if that counts.

He is one of my favoured authors.

My personal top list, of what I “read”

• Children of time
    • The doors of eden
    • children of ruin
    • shards of earth series
      • bakachu@sh.itjust.worksOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I DID notice that lol. Sounds like a pretty good, subtle titling style that people can associate to an author.

• 𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒆𝒍@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

To me it feels kinda unoriginal, like they couldn’t think of something better, also it’s not like only Tchaikovsky uses that schematic, there’s plenty of books named “something of *something”

• Bebo@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I enjoyed shards of earth series especially because I found the characters very engaging and relatable. How does it compare with his other books?

• bakachu@sh.itjust.worksOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

The curse is that once these great authors get discovered they inevitably get movie deals and the writing starts to fall off. No genre seems untouchable nowadays, even scifi, although I do think the show producers did great justice to James S.A. Corey’s, The Expanse.