Hi, I just found my way here recently from Reddit and being told that Lemmy may be better. I have been approved by the admin here very quickly and I’m just starting to figure things out.

The Reddit avatar I had was dressed in a koala costume from a year or two ago since I found koalas to be cute and was looking into any Subreddits on protecting koalas due to them being listed as endangered, and have decided to call it Konala Koala.

At the moment, I’m not sure if I’m going to see any Sublemmies on similar topics or not show up here, but I have included a picture of my Reddit avatar here to find out if there is some way of using it here.

Also, I had 16,400 Coins on Reddit that I’m about to lose as of the end of tomorrow since they appear to be doing away with that as well.

• SomeoneElse@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

I’ve been here since Apollo stopped working and I created some communities I missed from Reddit. I’d never been a mod before but it was really easy to set up and get it going. Like someone else said, post it in !newcommunities when you’ve created it. Post every single day for 2 weeks or more so there’s a decent amount of content. People will come in time, you just have to do the heavy lifting at first. And if you’re really passionate about koalas then it’s not hard work at all. Good luck!