Some Tesla engineers secretly started designing a Cybertruck alternative because they ‘hated’ it::“They were like, ‘You can’t be serious.’ They didn’t want to have anything to do with it,” Franz von Holzhausen said, according to Walter Isaacson.

• ivenoidea@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

It‘ll also slice really nicely through pedestrians. I don’t see this being allowed in most EU countries.

• BroccoliFarts@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

The US laws on bumpers has been refined in blood over the years. At least 20% of the people I know in my area have damaged their car by hitting a deer.

How will this truck fare if hitting a 90 kg deer? It’s different enough that it might be substantially different (better or worse) than a more conventional truck.

I’m also reminded of a famous car made of paneled stainless steel. It was a terrible car and ruined the company that made it. It’s only remembered fondly because of a popular movie series.

• AngryCommieKender@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

Doc Brown was secretly a coke head, and DeLorean was his dealer. He threw the car in for free when he delivered the last couple kilos to Doc.

• accidental@lemmy.sdf.org
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            10 months ago

How do you think he got matched up with the Libyans? It’s not everyday you get offered to help smuggle nuclear material…

• PraiseTheSoup@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

and yet, each new generation of vehicles has less and less of an actual bumper, meanwhile the cost to replace basic shit like headlight housings have skyrocketed. I live in deer country too, and you have to add your own aftermarket bumper if you want any real protection.

• doggle@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

From the sound of it you’d be lucky to get it off the lot /s

Fr tho I bet it’d cut the deer in half. Then again it’s kinda huge, so maybe it would just ramp up on top of the deer and launch itself.

I assume it’s also crazy fast like most Teslas, so maybe it would just pink mist the poor animal.

I think the truck would be totaled regardless, only real question is if the driver survives and if it catches on fire