Hey all,

This is the place where you can share your ideas, improvements, whishes or general feedback regarding this community.

Update 1

the people here have agreed to dedicate this community to the general discussion of minimalism.

I’m trying to make everything as transparent and democratic as possible so you can really harness the freedom of the decentralized internet with its main strength: the community.

• PropaGandalf@lemmy.worldOPM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Right, so you are making the distinction between art and aesthetics. Where would you draw the line though? Isn’t it all about exchanging views over minimalist topics? I personally can imagine somebody using a piece of art to underpin a certain sentiment or a thought. However it shouldn’t be a simple image post but rather an exposé that may also contain an image.

In my humble opinion we should not focus on the style or type of content posted but rather on the message itself and the value it adds to the discussion. It may even be one sentence but if it is good and makes you think I see no necessity in banning it. I stand for a holistic and general approach that addresses all types of content equally. Like this we can guarantee that any type of content posted here stays constructive and interesting.

So my proposal is:

• This community - for the lifestyle and some general discussions about the spirit of minimalism
    • An art community - for the discussions about the art styles themself