• jjnjjlr@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

~15k which seems steep but when over 70% of the bike is made in America, in small quantities, and largely by hand it isn’t cheap to produce. It isn’t for everyone and it isn’t meant to be. Someday I hope we grow enough to start offering a “better” value by getting better deals on parts because of our purchasing power so it is a bit more accessible.

• jjnjjlr@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

While we don’t ship them directly we have customers on the isle of man, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, and I honestly want to say Australia. We do use iKon shocks which come from Australia though.🙃

• Behohippy@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

This is amazing looking, are they all hand built? If anyone at Janus wants to do an AMA with our tiny (but growing fast) community, that would be incredible.

We were 400ish last night and hit 530 overnight, not sure what’s driving so much traffic here, but I’m not complaining!

• jjnjjlr@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Well, I think I am probably the only employee with an account and I’m definitely not the one to be answering questions. However I think we try to do a live stream where questions will be answered on our YouTube every Friday.

• jjnjjlr@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

I epa certify the 250 line and do the majority of the “final checks” of all bikes. I also make the oil lines for the 450s and designed the wiring harness for the 450s. Every once in a while I will actually assemble bikes if the main builders go on vacation.

Edit: I have other responsible too but those are the main things.