I gone through a lot of hosting service providers and unfortunetly cannot find a single one that can be used without running nonfree programs, all of them require loading bulky obfuscated JavaScript apps.

I know of Codeberg Pages for static sites for example, but it is not suitable for any business or professional use.

• smileyheadOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Or just via web browser that can show websites and does not run any random script that was send to it.

Something like that would be seen as huge deal when talking about mobile or desktop programs, but somehow when browsers do not show how many MB of additional software they downloaded to build a webpage (that in my opinion should already be build by the server) somehow we all assume there is no software.

• Molecular0079@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Something like that would be seen as huge deal when talking about mobile or desktop programs

That’s because mobile and desktop programs have far more access to your system compared to Javascript programs that run in a permissioned sandbox. They are not the same thing.

that in my opinion should already be build by the server

Eh, that’s debateable honestly. Sometimes pages built by dynamic Javascript have much a much better and fluid UI experience than server-side rendering, which require slow full-page reloads. To each their own though, there’s benefits and disadvantages to both methods.