• Browning@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          10 months ago

This is why the UK can not be defeated militarily. We are all prepared to die for each other, whether it’s needed or not.

• WarmSoda@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            10 months ago

But what if the war happens during tea time?
            Have you even thought about that?

• Browning@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              10 months ago

Either we are fighting a civilized opponent, in which case there will be a pause for tea, or we are fighting an uncivilized opponent, in which case good luck to them!

• Browning@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

Such heroism as mine is common place in the UK. Only subjects of an empire can understand this.

• Nepenthe@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

War with Canada, though? Canada. I’ve genuinely never heard me or any other American on any political side have one negative thing to say about Canada, and we generally view them as our little brother no matter how frustrated and superior actual Canadians get about it.

The brits would be invading America’s hat, it would be a war over the rule of the monarchy, and both sides being NATO members means NATO is not really a concern.

I don’t think that would ever be a thing, but if it were a thing, I really wouldn’t choose to be at war with anyone on US borders. Not even saber rattling. We’re very paranoid, if that’s changed at all it’s gotten worse, and physically touching our borders will almost certainly draw aggro.

Plus, let’s be honest, Canadians aren’t brown enough to be ignored. We’d sell out Mexico faster than Canada simply because the cartels are too much trouble.

• Browning@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

The USA does not even have a monarchy, so Great Britain has nothing to fear from them militarily speaking.