• Doug [he/him]@midwest.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Because my ability to see a position means I support it? Well done.

8 out of 12 orgs agreed, but those 8 represent far less than half of the affected workforce.

You got a source on that? Because I heard it differently. The statement remains true regardless but I’ll happily admit if I’m wrong there.

Fun how the people who love to shriek about

Why is it always severe? Where did I “shriek”? It tracks with your assumptive behavior. Maybe take a moment to breathe and realize we are complex beings that are capable of seeing outside our own points of view.

If their jobs are so fucking critical we should probably take care of those employees, shouldn’t we

Yes. Wholeheartedly yes. Anyone essential which clearly needs to include retail workers along side EMTs and plenty more. You say this like you think I’ll argue against it, but that’s probably because you assumed more about me than you bothered to consider.

instead of stripping their legal right to collective bargaining?

Is “you can’t strike right now” the same as stripping those rights? Are the unions dismantled or has one option, admittedly a large important one, been denied in a way everyone knew was a possibility when it was being discussed?

It’s neat how the slightest labor action or a single Mom being able to afford rent is always the base cause of inflation but years of ballooning pricing to brag about “record profits” have nothing to do with anything.

What? Companies making record profits is absolutely the cause. I didn’t even imply otherwise. But if your arm is broken do you push your car uphill or do you put it in a cast (assuming you have the means to afford healthcare)? A thing can exacerbate a thing without being a cause in the first place.

Eat my whole ass faschie.

You aren’t nearly as insightful or helpful as you think you are