• willybe@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I was sick, so I could tolerate the presentation which had high-end effects.

A UAV flys through the desert over the Apple building into the center garden, it approaches Tim Cook standing on à lawn. He starts speaking in his mechanical ceo way. A lot more effects like this.

The watch

• new processor with cores dedicated to ml. Monitoring your bio markers for finger traps and other gestures. It also processes voice commands so you don’t need to be tethered to the internet to figure out what your saying.
    • a fear based marketing, the presentation opens with shiny people who have been assisted by the watches bio monitoring. Heart attack, hypothermia, car accident, etc. Apple watch is always watching you.
    • 18 hrs battery life, so you have to remove it to charge it everyday. So while your sleeping? But put it back on before you wake up so you can snooze by tapping your fingers together. Also if you’re likely to have a heart attack at night, wear the watch so it can wake you up.
    • satellite emergency SOS, and road side assist. USA only
    • carbon neutral. Recycled metals,…
    • features you will use everyday (repeat 15x)
    • pro version

The phone

• recycled metal, carbon neutral, cute scene presenting Apples eco foot print to mother nature played by Octavia Spencer
    • cameras
    • something something USB3, no mention of external displays or using with dock to use as computer
    • easily replaceable back glass
    • a design that makes it easier to repair
    • pro version in titanium

MacBook

• MacBook Air 15

An impressive presentation. Engineering is amazing. Still, your locked into their walled garden. And they can keep you juiced with dopamine as long as you give them money.

• i_am_not_a_robot
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Obviously the solution is to buy two apple Watches so you can have one for while the other is charging, the same way you watch movies on their VR headset.

• ramble81@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Has anyone been able to tell if the USB-C ports support USB-PD or not? They mention the wattage but that doesn’t really answer it.

• snowbell@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I’m so stoked, been holding off with a aging Pixel 3 for this release since the 14. “one more year,” I said to myself.