Besides this awesome one, of course. :-)

• A_Very_Big_Fan@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

It’s likely because you’re logged into a different instance of Lemmy than the one my communities are hosted on (lemme.ee). One of the tricky things about trying to interact with communities outside of your own instance is that links will tend to take you to a separate instance that you aren’t logged into… (They’re working on fixing this, but god only knows how long it’ll take or what the fix will look like)

I honestly don’t know what the easiest way to do it is. But what I’ve been doing is searching the name of the community I want to subscribe to and switching the filter from “Local” to “All”.

• NotDrJeff@vlemmy.net
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah, looks like lemmy has some room to develop. I still can’t subscribe even through the searhc page. Will try again later.

• A_Very_Big_Fan@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I think I see the issue now. I think it may be that one of us is using an instance that defederated the other. (Probably because of the whole captcha debacle with bots flooding certain instances)

Because when I go to your instance and look at either of my communities, it shows “0 subscribers” and no comments on any of my posts, despite all of them having comments when viewed from my instance

Hopefully it’ll sort itself out. Lemmy is pretty young, I have faith in it :P