Does anyone have experience with breaking apart a large Angular frontend into micro frontends? Any advice you can offer or resources you can point me to would be greatly appreciated. Ideally I’d like to be able to mix Angular versions and different technologies (e.g. React) in the future as well, assuming that’s possible.

• Emma @programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

What you are describing loosely sounds like the islands archetecture that Astro uses (however I have no idea if it lets you mix angular versions; that sounds cursed)

Astro is a meta-framework like Next.js. Unlike Next.js, however, you could do exactly what you are describing. You can use both React and Angular (and even Vue and Svelte) components all in the same meta-framework.

Additionally, you opt-in to all and any client-side interactivity. If you have components that don’t do anything after the page loads, you don’t have to client side render them.

With that all being said, this might be totally unhelpful to you, but this is just what reading your post made me think of. I wish you luck in your breaking down of a large angular frontend.

• The Giant Korean@lemmy.world
      cake
      OP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Thank you! I will definitely look into Astro. The concept of islands sounds very interesting and kind of what I had envisioned initially before we were looking at build time integration.