Does anyone have experience with breaking apart a large Angular frontend into micro frontends? Any advice you can offer or resources you can point me to would be greatly appreciated. Ideally I’d like to be able to mix Angular versions and different technologies (e.g. React) in the future as well, assuming that’s possible.

• 0x0me@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

In a larger project we came up with the following solution, to keep the UI parts independent changeable and composable. For every bounded context there is an independent UI which could be used standalone and is versioned and exported as a Web Components. The main application provides the overall context and imports a certain major version (eg. “latest”) of a of each component. All communication between the components is done by exchanging events and callbacks. It was in a vue-based project, but I think this should work in general as well.

• The Giant Korean@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

That’s really interesting. We were looking at web components since the design team has been working on providing them to our customers. Thank you!