• treadful@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Let’s be real, most of the growth of Reddit over the last 5 or so years haven’t been the type of folks generating good content and discussion anyway. Even if Lemmy gets like 1% of the userbase this place is going to thrive.

• suspecm@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

A large majority of the content posted there seems to be from bot accounts. No matter what you think Reddit’s active userbase is, it is heavily inflated.

• ConTheLibrarian@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yup. I remember seeing a post of the top karma accounts on reddit and it was removed by the admins before I could finish blocking them all.

Meanwhile back in 2016 when I still bothered to participate in political subs it became painfully clear that the russian troll farms were real and that they were enflaming both sides of issues in order to manufacture outrage.

Than we saw the consolidation of power mods and retaliatory moderation/administration.

I hope every bitcoin and nft bro is left holding reddits handbags come IPO.

Regardless I’ll never go back. If lemmy dies I’ll get a fucking life or something lol