When your post about a hard R gamer heated-gamer-moment spawns a struggle session ohnoes

• edge [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

it could also be more manipulation and a way to excuse it by using the game

Or it could be that the fact that it’s coming from him is being used to excuse ableist behavior. You could swap in literally any other autistic person who would have reacted that way, and the ableism in this thread would still apply.

• Smeagolicious [they/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

That’s literally why I’m talking about context though. We could substitute him for another neurodivergent person and there would be a different response because they’re most likely not a multibillionaire apartheid profiteering emotionally manipulative abusive scumbag. I’d be more likely to label these responses as ableist behavior if there weren’t also a history of other reasons why the incident might be Musk being shitty to his partner rather than him having an emotional reaction caused by his neurodivergence. He’s had multiple divorces & breakups for the exact reason of him being enormously shit to his partners.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

Having context doesn’t mean all of his behavior is because he’s an asshole billionaire. Most of it is sure, but this isn’t.

• Smeagolicious [they/them]@hexbear.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I don’t see how you can claim that with authority when there is not insignificant behavioral overlap, especially when (presumably) you do not know the man.

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            1 year ago

If someone says your (general “you”, not you “you”) words make them uncomfortable, you should be understanding regardless. Like I said in the first comment, Elon Musk won’t see any of these comments, but comrades who have had similar experiences will. Clearly it struck a nerve with me and some of the responses to me made it even worse. Stuff like this (and this has happened before) makes this site not feel like a safe space for me as an autistic person.