I was playing D&D 5e up until January. Then, with the OGL fiasco I decided to try learning Pathfinder 2e. I have been playing through the Beginner Box for that and I like it a lot more than D&D already!

• Nonmi@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’ll post to hopefully add a little activity to this community.

I’ve played a lot up until recently, life ah finds a way, between a 5 year and a new born and work, I had to step away. Before that though I was running two different play by posts and an active player in another.

My original PBP was using the SW5E system, it was a complete homebrew campaign original called Short Stories as I wanted it to quick campaign. Well 2 and a half years later it turned into the long campaign. Sadly we weren’t able to finish as I had to take an extended break, and I don’t know if I can jump back in. We had 6 active players and over the years I had a total of 11, 5 that came and went.

The second PBP was short lived, I tried running Icewind Dale Rime of the Frostmaiden, but found it more difficult as I didn’t know all the ins and outs of the campaign. Even with the book and several guides I couldn’t keep up with my players. We made it to the second town and then I closed the game. I don’t know if I’ll pick this one back up again.

The game I was a player in, used Armour Astir Advent and it was a blast, there was the DM and one other player and we killed it, there’s so much free form to the RP it made playing by post so much more enjoyable. If I ever start DMing again, this is what I’ll be picking to run.

So there it is, that’s what I’ve been playing, or had been. We stopped around April 18th and part of me misses it, and other part is glad to have less stress in my life as of right now. Once the youngest gets a bit more independent I’ll start a new campaign.