CNN has exclusively obtained the audio recording of the 2021 meeting in Bedminster, New Jersey, where President Donald Trump discusses holding secret documents he did not declassify.

• MustrumR@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

That’s the good shit.
      When reading the post I thought it’s one of those “We got the tapes/videos/mails, but won’t upload them, but we got them and they are important, believe us” things.

• AFK BRB Chocolate@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It’s so completely clear from the audio that he knows he’s sharing classified information and that he no longer has the power to declassify it - there’s no doubt whatever - but there will still be a giant number of people will say he’s innocent.

• MisterMoo@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Remember that every time you read a comment online saying Biden and Trump are the same, you’re looking at a pro-Trump psyop.

• stochasticity@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I found a pro trump mastodon instance the other day and I have it bookmarked so I can check in every now and then. That shit is absolutely wild.

• Bipta@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

This is a tape already known to be part of the prosecution’s evidence as far as I know.

• Meldroc@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Jack Smith’s ace in the hole. Note that he didn’t file charges about this specific dissemination - that way if Judge Loose Cannon causes too many problems, he can file these charges in New Jersey, out of her reach.

• BasicTraveler@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m sure the guy getting the cokes has a security clearance, not a US one, but a security clearance is a security clearance, right?