Damn, missed my chance to have it be a date I’d remember for a change.

• simo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

When all this API shit started kicking off I didn’t really like the look of lemmy, but now it looks like the best. KBin was fun for a bit but felt kind of chaotic, plus not having posts vanish after upvoting/viewing the comments was a death sentene for me. The other alternatives are just shit IMO.

Plus looks like a lot of app devs are lemmyheads, Memmy has been great after installing it today. There’s no way i’m using the reddit app post June so yea…Lemmy all the way, cause everything else blows for content consumption.

• Sota4077@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Same. I have Kbin, Tildes, Lemmy and a few others just to poke around, but I find I spend the most time here. I even went and found a script that makes Lemmy look a bit like Reddit and I am perfectly happy.

• blueskiesoc@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Same on making posts hide after viewing. At first I didn’t know how to make it happen, but I found it in settings.

• simo@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

You’re of course referring to the PC website and not the scroll marking on the mobile app right? 😁

• blueskiesoc@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Yes. I use PC and I have tried Jerboa for mobile, but I’m liking Summit right now. Which app do you use and do you like it?

• simo@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Memmy for iOS, the others feature text line breaks on my iPhone SE and/or don’t vanish posts that I have upvoted upon refresh. Yuck :)