• Mojojojo1993@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Yeah interesting they went with the Garp and Coby. Buggy is weird. Not sure how that would fit with his normal arc. Just falling upwards but being useless.

I don’t mind the abridged version. Gets to the point but don’t change key aspects. Why the usopp nose. Do some proper fight scenes.

You gotta know what to cut and what to keep. I think they can do alabasta in 10 eps but what will they keep. It’s a long arc.

How the fuck will they do chopper. Fishmen were on but Arlong just doesn’t look scary. Chopper will be a mess

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

But he is. He wrecks Luffy, Luffy is outclassed. His first difficult opponent. Luffy only wins due to plot. He was underwater. He should have died.

Arlongs was scary. Hi bites Luffy. Rips his teeth out and uses them as weapons. Stabs Luffy with his nose. He’s a scary guy. Looks chill then boom.

• Mirrorgiraffe@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

I disagree. If Luffy hadn’t burrowed himself in the beginning of the fight it wouldn’t have been any issue. As soon as Luffy gets serious after seeing Namis room he completely wrecks Arlong. He even breaks his weapon like it was nothing.

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

Yeah he needs to fight harder because Arlong is a. Opponent of high level. He tried out some things and almost died.