• inasaba@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

People procrastinate, but I’m pretty sure that most people don’t sit in a cloud of anxiety, unable to do any work but also unable to do something fun, for six hours while staring at the wall unable to do anything. I’m pretty sure that when most people want to work, they just do so. I think that screaming at yourself to work but being unable to start is like, some kind of disorder… 🤔

• BigDanishGuy@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

Procrastination anxiety cloud prison is the worst trait. I guess I should start studying now… Ok now!.. WTF is happening? I have quite literally wasted years of my university career to that bastard. And I mean literally years, plural. The only thing I have to show for 4 of my 7,5 years of uni is a few courses that was passed by attendance, some sporadic tidbits of knowledge, and last but certainly not least a crippling debt.

At the age of early 40s I’ve finally been diagnosed and have started taking methylphenidate. If only I had done that 25 years ago. It’s not too late folks!

• BigDanishGuy@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Oh boy have I been there. And when I finally got my shit together and got my GP to write a referral, the first psychiatrist I called had a voice-mail informing me that he was off on vacation and would be back two weeks ago. That alone set me back a month.

Do you have someone close in your life? Like an SO, parents, roommate etc? If you can’t focus on hauling your ass to the doc then maybe try opening up to one of them. That way there’ll at least be someone bugging you to stay on the path of diagnosis.

• rgb3x3@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

It’s like when I have an appointment today at 2 PM. Guess I’ll get ready at 9 AM and sit around waiting until it’s a reasonable time to leave to arrive an hour early…