I personally have been using lineage os for some time now and I am curious how many others use F-droid and lineage os like I do

• squid@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I used all sorts of ROMs but like op I’ve also gone lineage although I am considering a pure Linux phone, once the tech and foundation are more stable as my trust for google has gone down considerably with they’re brazen walled garden approach in recent years, safety-net (soon to be discontinued as hackers/modders have found work a rounds , and another implementation will soon be added if not already… I don’t keep up to date) and other such tactics are going to make the custom ROMs and rooting very difficult and I joined the team android for its openness but google are constantly implementing APIs and “features” and all of a sudden I’m unable to access the apps that had worked perfectly before. But anyway fuck google. Go team foss

• Possibly linux@lemmy.zipOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

I used to feel the same way but now I’ve realized how mature android is compared to Linux phones. We should focus on developing free software replacements for google services such as push notifications. There are already plenty of free software apps for android that it makes no sense to start from scratch

• squid@feddit.uk
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I agree that android is mature but when I think of what I use my phone and desktop for they both converge and my use case is well fitted to Linux over android, most of my android apps are lesser versions of my applications on my linux desktop but its also early days so I will continue with android till linux on mobile has matured