This comic is part of an ongoing story that might make more sense with full context.

First comic in this story
Previous comic in this story
Next comic in this story

Please be advised that if you use the connect app, it doesn’t always correctly parse links to lemmy posts. If they’re not working for you, you can follow the whole plotline on my site. (These comics are in reverse chronological order, so start at the end and work backwards.)

I guess she does have a plan after all.

• Ahdok@ttrpg.networkOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

When you can’t quite believe that you’re the one who gets to date the buff paladin.

• Ahdok@ttrpg.networkOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

Ah, but… Razira isn’t very creative, she’s normally very straightforward and direct. She’s very much a “go with the flow” type normally… so for her to go out of her way to pick a place, it must be good! And besides she was so excited about it!

• Ahdok@ttrpg.networkOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

There’s a lot going on here for Konsi to wrestle with.

Konsi knows that she doesn’t have many talents - she’s got good eyes and ears, and she’s a reasonable cook and medic, but her true talent is spellcasting. A challenge like this, if it were a total surprise, would leave her high and dry - but a cleric with time to prepare the right spells can overcome almost any challenge. This information was given to her first thing in the morning, so she has time to prepare the right magic to attack the problem.

She could look for another place to go, meet up with Razira and suggest a change of venue, and for sure Razira would be completely fine with that… but also this was Razira’s pick, and she doesn’t want to be negative about that… and it could be a lot of fun if it works out.

There’s also the case of Konsi’s divine quest. Tymora wants her to act as an ambassador for goblinkind - to present herself to people and shatter the stereotype that goblins are savage, uncultured monsters. Performing on stage in front of a large number of bards and conducting herself well would do a great deal for this… especially when the audience are the kind of people who tell stories to hundreds of other people.

• SnipingNinja@slrpnk.net
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

As soon as you reminded that it’s her mission to shatter the goblin stereotype and it’ll be in front of bards, the brilliance of the scene clicked for me.

• Ahdok@ttrpg.networkOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

I definitely can’t make one of these a day. I make about one comic a week normally in my spare time - and I try to avoid posting the same characters twice in a row in my webcomic (it’s about a bunch of nerdy stuff, not just DnD)

This means that “Konsi Comics” tend to be made about once every 2 weeks…

I’ve been posting these from my archive - so this was written a while ago - the plotline will be complete before we run out on lemmy though.

• sammytheman666@ttrpg.network
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Then Im a good reader, since I caught up on it.

Nice of you to post them here. I thought you were fast on the drawing a bit, I see how now. Nicely done

• Ahdok@ttrpg.networkOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

I can output this stuff at a rate of one comic per day… but at that pace I tend to burn out in a couple of weeks, long term, I find it’s best to work at a comfortable pace and create a reliable/steady output.

• Datorie@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

Hey, just wanted to say that I appreciate you for posting these every day. It’s something I really look forward to!

Also bottom left might be my favourite depiction of Konsi yet!

• figaro@lemdro.id
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Ohhh ok that makes much more sense. For a second there I was like, wtf is this monster comic writer, they just keep coming!?!