• Dave@lemmy.nz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

In an ideal world, you’d also sell the parts. Someone who couldn’t afford the new model should be able to assemble an older model from spare parts.

But another option is to 3D print a case for the mainboard, then run it as a Lemmy server :)

• d3Xt3r@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Ah, so you’re the culprit, “Dave Lemmy”. Tried registering the lemmy.nz domain a few of days ago as it was available, but unfortunately I put it off for the next day and bam, it was gone. :'(

• Dave@lemmy.nz
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Haha you’ve gotta be quick around here! I just saw it was available, which started a chain of events leading to setting up a Lemmy node.

Now the next hurdle comes, which is how do you build up a membership? A big problem is that Lemmy seems to default to the “Local” feed on the home page. Which is of course full of nothing. I’ve subscribed to a bunch of communities, but the “Subscribed” tab isn’t the default home page like it would be on reddit.

This is a pretty poor experience to the new user, not sure if you had a plan around this?