Apple’s new iPhone 15 is an underwhelming ‘slap in the face,’ say disappointed fans::Apple unveiled its new iPhone 15 models this week, and some fans say they lack innovation.

• Wahots@pawb.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Shit, even my 5-6 year old S9 was pretty decent at the end, and fairly similar to my new phone. I only upgraded because the network chip was getting wonky, which made me a bit uneasy about getting stranded somewhere.

I can’t wait for the EU regs about removable batteries to kick in. Now, if only we could finally move to a display technology that doesn’t suffer from burn-in…

• Plopp@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

I’d be more interested in legislation forcing them to release at least security updates for a decade. My phone is 6 years old, works absolutely fine (even the battery), but it hasn’t received any security parches for a couple of years, meaning it’s insecure and I have to replace it even though it works great. Complete buffoonery.

Edit: I mean more than the screen thing, not the battery thing.

• Stuka@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I’m still on an S10. Battery life sucks and the screen has been cracked for years, but she still works just fine. No motivation at all to spend $1k on an ‘upgrade’