• blackbelt352@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

They got what has been their platform for the last 50 years. Overturn Roe v Wade, cut taxes, stop any kind of gun control, and ignore the pandemic.

They got Roe v Wade and now they don’t have the anti-abortion single issue voters that they can rile up. They got their tax cuts under Trump and the economic situation for everyone except the wealthy few has drastically declined, and gun deaths are on the rise to the point where gun deaths are the most common cause of death for kids in America.

Initially the pandemic hit cities harder because dense populations spread diseases faster. But then it really hit the biggest republican demographics hard and many of their voters permanently aged out of voting.

Through their policy they have either killed off their own supporters or radicalized people into opposing them. If I were a kid in high school who survived a mass shooting and some tomato faced blowhard with a million listeners was calling me and my family anti-american crisis actors, it would radicalize me. Hell I wasn’t even targeted by the rhetoric and radicalized me further against Republicans.