An idea put forward to turn items the characters already have into magic items rather than only (or primarily) giving them magic items they can find.

• AlteredStateBlob@kbin.socialOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I think he is working on putting posts like that to accompany the videos (or vice versa). At least he recently created a homepage. I mean, it’s just some guy sharing thoughts on his hobby for free in a way he enjoys doing it?

You really don’t have to watch the video (or any video).

But you can bet that there’s people who prefer videos. I do, for example.

• plethora@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

You really don’t have to watch the video

I didn’t. I’m curious about the content, though.

And I’m genuinely confused about this style of video being so common, but since it is common, I have to assume that it works for some people. I’m glad it works for you.

• AlteredStateBlob@kbin.socialOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

If he posts a blog post for that, I’ll link it. The gist of the video is that he suggests to turn the items and equipment the players already have into magic items over time. In addition to other ways of acquiring them of course. Additionally he says it’s sensible to tell the players what the items do as they get them and allow their character to play out how they discover it and then give the party some options to use the items as well as maybe add some NPCs coming for these items, because they heard about them.

This addresses several issues like players not getting the items that were intended for them, players getting overwhelmed with the amount of things they need to keep track of and a lack of emotional connection with the items.