Since Russia invaded in February 2022, Ottawa has committed over $8-billion in aid, including around $1.8-billion in military assistance.

• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

Canada will contribute $33-million to a British-led partnership that is buying air defence equipment for Ukraine to help it fend off Russian missile and drone attacks, Defence Minister Bill Blair said on Sunday.

In a statement, Blair said the contribution was part of the $500-million worth of military aid for Kyiv that Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced in June.

Canada, home to one of the world’s largest Ukrainian diasporas, is a vocal supporter of Kyiv.

Since Russia invaded in February 2022, Ottawa has committed over $8-billion in aid, including around $1.8-billion in military assistance.

The partnership, which also includes the United States, the Netherlands and Denmark, aims to buy hundreds of short- and medium-range air defence missiles and associated systems.

The original article contains 120 words, the summary contains 120 words. Saved 0%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!

• grimace1153@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

And they gave the flooding victims in Lybia $5MM. Priorities I suppose.