• RandomException@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

This new trailer combined with the year old one does give some idea of what to expect. I got a feeling that mechanics-wise it’s going to be pretty close to Fallout 4 and also the art direction seems to be heavily inspired from the Fallout series as well.

If the same team really has worked on this that worked on Skyrim and Fallout 4 then I expect quite a decent gaming experience. There will be all the amusing bugs and lots of repetitive quests but then again also I would expect some kind of coherent atmosphere and story telling. It’s been so long since Skyrim and FO4 were released and I still keep going back to play them because the world has a story after all and somehow there’s still something new to find out after all these years.

In FO4 for example I played through the Cabot quest line and had never really given any thought of reading through their terminals and stuff. There’s quite a lot of story telling for such a small quest line but it’s not forcily fed to the player if they just want to get all the fancy stuff from the quest and keep on crunching through all the other quests in the world.

Yeah, I’m most definitely going to buy this at launch. I think FO76 has been the only really bad release from Bethesda (and I’ve been around gaming stuff actively since Oblivion) so I’m going to be an optimistic with this one!