Watching Ted Lasso right now, and all these characters that are working on their MacBook: when they get texted, they pick up their iPhones and read and reply there. Missed opportunities to show off Continuity. Show the phone notification, and then show the MacBook. I love responding on my MacBook. Or is it not that common?

• deegeese@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

Continuity is f’ing great as a user, but showing it on TV would cause discontinuity for the viewers.

If I’m using a laptop and get a text, I read and reply there.

On screen the audience sees that as chat rooms not SMS.

• thehatfox@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I use Continuity a for messages a lot, it’s a great feature. Ted Lasso isn’t a show about Apple though, they probably film it that way because they think it’s more natural. If they had to explain the characters behaviour it might feel like more forced product placement.

For All Mankind has some interesting glimpses of alternative history Apple products.

At one point characters are having video calls on Apple Newtons with colour displays and cameras.

• Cobrachicken@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

They do show it in one or two occasions. And as a Signal and XMPP user I thought, wow, didn’t know that Apple devices can do that now, too.