I do things right," Trump told Fox News. “I’m a legitimate person.”

• ohmyiv@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Yeah, because losing lawsuits, two impeachments, and the current indictments really indicate he doesn’t do anything wrong. Bigly legitimate.

• Hypersapien@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Like I’m going to trust Donald Trump to have any understanding of right and wrong.

He believes that the things he does are always right solely by virtue of him being the one doing them, even if they would be wrong if someone else did them.

• arensb@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

He believes that the things he does are always right

I’m not sure he believes that. Although it’s clear that he says he believes them, and it’s probably true that he believes he can get away with anything that he’s not physically restrained from doing.

• axtualdave@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

It’s never okay to seriously diagnose someone over the internet, or by the way the behave in front of a camera. That said, if you do that, and take Trump’s behavior at face value, the man is a classic narcissist, and almost certainly suffering from dementia and sundowning earlier and earlier in the day.

I legitimately wonder if that will be a defense at his inevitable trials.

• utopianfiat@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Could have been titled “Trump made a long, wet fart sound” and it would have had exactly as much value.

• SheeEttin@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Technically he’s correct he is a legitimate person, compared to Real Human Being T’ed Cruz.

But he’s still broken a bunch of laws.

• ArugulaZ@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Yeah, the whole “I am an infallible god” schtick is getting pret-ty old at this point. As are you. I’d sooner let one of your kill-billy creeps cut my throat than to worship your dumb, dumpy, decrepit ass.

• corroded@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It’s easy to be unconcerned about doing something wrong when you’re too narcissistic to believe you can make a mistake and too much of an idiot to understand why the laws exist in the first place.

• Maxcoffee@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Extremely rich man who is surrounded by yes-men and a society believing wealth equals success believes he doesn’t do things wrong.

At least he genuinely believes that and it isn’t a lie I guess.

• aegisgfx877@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

basically a tape leaked of him committing the crimes, narrating himself committing the crime, committing new crimes and laughing with others about all the crimes they just committed.

• takeda@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I believe it is about the tape from the indictment that CNN obtain.

The one where he shows top secret document of how Iran would be attacked if a war would start. You can even hear the paper how he passes it around to interviewers. The text from indictment made it sound less damning.