I was wondering since about Marineford… what will actually happen once Luffy meets Shanks, has to give him the hat back. Will he just continue to call his crew the strawhat pirates? That would not make any sense then… What do you think he would call the crew?

• kronarbob@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

it ever happens, i see a few possibilities :

-no hat pirates (not mine, i’ve seen it in a similar post on a blacked out site)

-sandal pirates (luffy most deadly weapon)

-straw hat pirates ( luffy might find the giant hat in marie joise, and shrink it to his head size)

-straw hat pirates, (Luffy will get the hat back after shanks death, quite quickly after giving it to shanks )

• phoenixrisen@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah, I think the hat will stay, or at least as the crew name. I’ve thought for a long time that bb would kill shanks to build that hype, but it seems up in the air now more than ever after the last couple chapters.

• kronarbob@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I believed in BB shanks too. And now there seem to be that many possibilies around Shanks… It makes him more and more interesting. I was starting to think that he will just be used as a sacrifice to trigger a “frieza killed kururin” moment. (It can still happen)

• loiakdsfOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

haha i love the idea of no hat pirates :D

• kronarbob@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I loved it when I saw it. I had to share it. Their jolly Roger would be too simple, so we might see the rise of the “laughing pirates”. It would give them a nicer jolly Roger.

• Wrathryn@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I think that they may have a Davy Back Fight with the straw hat as the prize. Luffy will win it and he’ll be a great pirate in Shanks’ eyes.

• loiakdsfOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

im undecided. on the one hand, he feels strongly that promises should be kept, but on the other hand he had that hat almost his entire life and the name of his crew and his fame depends on it.

• Sneezycat@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

What about the Dawn pirates? Would make sense with the Will of D thing and all, but I’m not convinced of its catchiness :P

• thatwill@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I imagine at the end of the series he’ll return the straw hat and the Straw Hat Pirates will disband, like the Roger Pirates did.