• TalkativeTri@pathofexile-discuss.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Another wicked teaser. Gameplay systems can only be improved so much in PoE2, but sound, graphics, and animations? A ton over PoE1. And shockingly…these teasers are smashing the latest competition.

Exilecon cannot arrive soon enough!

• frost19@lemmy.worldB
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Hopefully when the beta releases it’s the whole package, not drip fed balance changes like past few leagues. For me it feels awful how they keep trying to “slow down” the players, but the enemies still have the same speed. And don’t forget archnemesis, oh that was a shitshow.

• calixte@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

What exactly is Aggorat? New area? Name of the boss?

Looks fucking sharp though. Hyped!

• TalkativeTri@pathofexile-discuss.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m curious about that, too. A quick search shows it has never been referenced in PoE. I’m guessing it’s an Egyptian-themed desert area with Vaal ruins inside, as the exile references Queen Atziri.

We’ll see soon enough :)

• wsippel
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Looks incredible! The early PoE2 trailers looked very nice, but it’s insane how much it improved visually since the reveal. Also, I thought this was a completely new class, but I guess it’s “just” an ascendancy? Can’t wait for Exilecon.

• Skray@pathofexile-discuss.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Tough to say. There is supposedly going to be appearances for each ascendancy, but with how much new dialogue with different voices has been in this trailer and the prior, they might’ve done 7 new classes for the new campaign and the new ascendencies or have done a complete overhaul of the existing classes.

The ascendencies may also tie into the classes more, like how Chieftan fits into the Karui background, maybe this guy is a Maraketh version of the Chieftan or Templar with Maraketh themed ascendencies.

• Omgarm@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Looks like there is a lot of movement in skills, at least stepping backwards while casting/attacking. Is this the sign of a much lower pace?

• yoshi_nori@pathofexile-discuss.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

This is looking good, I wish we were already on the verge of the beta, though… I guess it will be at least a year until PoE2 launches

• Generic@pathofexile-discuss.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

A year doesn’t seem too likely; two teasers for mainstream attention seem to suggest a much closer availability date, especially coupled with exilecon being included in the teasers and GGG’s implication that you want to leave for home pretty immediately after the convention. I’d expect the start of some kind of beta a month or two into the next league, with an aim to release for the winter league. Granted, that might just be wishful thinking on my part, but it seems a sensible way to capitalize on the hype they’re building.

• yakri@pathofexile-discuss.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

Yeah I’d wager we at least get the beta before summer next year. Probably in either next league, or the league after somewhere.

Edit: Although who knows if it’s going to be a Beta, like there’s 3 acts available, it’s a voided side-mode to normal PoE, etc, or if it’ll be a “Beta” where it’s integrated with the main branch and we start getting many, but not all, PoE2 features in PoE.