Ugh. So frustrated with iClouds unreliable syncing across devices. I use @logseq, but it relies on iCloud doing its job. Which it ain’t.

Looks like I’ll have to move to Dropbox for syncing, which means reinstalling it everywhere since there’s no config setting (that I can find) to tell it where to look for its files.

• 3yiyo3@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Syncthing is also free as in free beer but it will use your device storage instead of cloud based. Which is also good in terms of privacy but bad in terms of limited storage

• Ted M. Young@sfba.socialOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

@3yiyo3 I looked at Syncthing, but it doesn’t support iOS, which is the devices I’m having problems with. (Otherwise I’d use dropbox, which I already have.)

• 3yiyo3@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Its a shame that syncthing doesnt support iOS because it is a great app, I didnt know about that. I use it even on MacOS

• Ted M. Young@sfba.socialOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

@3yiyo3 Yeah, iOS makes it difficult to do this kind of thing (on purpose), though https://www.mobiussync.com/ seems to be a solution.

I’m reluctant to rely on a one-person-made app for this, given that Apple really wants you to use iCloud for syncing, which they should just make work better.

• 3yiyo3@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Try syncthing instead its the best option for syncing across devices plus its open source. I use it to sync Logseq with my phone, working perfectly