I don’t want to bring up site performance. We all know Ernest is working hard and the site is running much better these days, at least in my experience.

What I wanted to bring up was how awesome this community has been as a whole. Most of the stuff I have learned to do has been from other users who have either figured it out or have written something to improve the site.

Learning how to block communities or instances has been a big help. I also installed the Stylus extension and used a couple of the themes to customize how Kbin looks.

One of my favorite scripts though was written by Minnieo here on Kbin. If you type / and write “a shortcut”, it will auto fill in different stuff like this:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

One of the things I really enjoyed about Reddit when I joined that site a long time ago was how small communities came together. Thank you all for everything you have taught and for all the hard work you have put in to make the user experience a little better for all of us.

• artillect@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m glad to see you’ve been enjoying /m/kbinStyles! It’s been really cool seeing all of the cool enhancements people have made over the past couple weeks since I created it. @shazbot and I (mostly shazbot) have been working on something that’ll make all of this customization a whole lot simpler. It’s still very much a work in progress, but I think it’s turning out great, so make sure you keep an eye out for that!

Here’s a link to the emoticon shortcut script in case anyone else is interested

• curiosityLynx@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’d also like to point out userscripts like the KBin Enhancement Script on greasyfork for collapsing comment threads and showing a user’s home instance.