• lotanis
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

That’s so beautiful! Perfect yarn colour too.

• aeternum@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

considering she said it’s her 2nd ever jumper, she did a really good job. I’m not even a knitter, but it looks really good!

• Unvaluablespace@vlemmy.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Hi. I am not familiar with knitting at all. May I ask why you feel it’s not perfect? Just trying to understand if it’s a personal opinion or actual fault somewhere (that I don’t see).

• sayabulegila@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m probably my own worst critic, but I guess some spots don’t look as “polished” or “neat” to me as I’d like. Some of the ribbing on the neck collar looks a little uneven. It’s just small things that are probably more noticeable to me than anyone else. Also, it was only the 2nd sweater I ever knit, so I’m self-conscious about how good my work looks to anyone else.

• silly goose meekah@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

I haven’t zoomed in or anything but I couldn’t notice anything wrong or particularly un-neat. It just looks handmade to me. Nice work!

• Flughoernchen@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

Don’t be so harsh on yourself, it’s awesome! The imperfections are the perfect level that will make another knitter go “Oh wow that’s selfmade. So cool!” while other people won’t notice them at all. Really nice work!

• thegiddystitcher@lemm.eeM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

There’s always little things we notice in our own projects that are basically invisible to the non-knitter. It’s our curse!

• Teflo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It took me awhile to see that they’re owls, but damn I’d kill for that during winter right now.

• varnia@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Took me a while to see it. There are little owls around the neck. Nice pattern and we’ll done.

• 𝐘Ⓞz҉@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

WoW. This will sell like crazy. I want one and I showed it to my coworker and even she needs one.

• Ashyr@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Are you talking about sweeping the pattern or the sweater itself? Because the number of hours in a sweater like that would require a massive price tag just to break even at minimum wage.

Unless you have machine-like efficiency, sweaters are the sort of thing you only make for yourself and a select few.

• Ternpike@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

My wife knocked out at least two full cowl sweaters between the completion of right sock and left sock. A lot of winters with one nice sock though.

• Munkiesox@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Oh, I love this so much! You’ve done a great job. Also, thank you for sharing the pattern. Once I’ve had enough of sock knitting I want to make this!

• CutexKitty@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

This is amazing!!! Some of the small things you notice will even out / disappear from your mind in time. It looks great on you too!