• rustyricotta@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I am in this hell. Recent software engineering graduate, and i haven’t gotten any bites for a long while. I’ve got no idea what to do besides work on my personal projects in hopes that it catches the interest of some unicorn out there that will actually read my info.

• Scew@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

If you’ve got a degree, your institution’s job boards are lightyears better than Indeed. Keep working on the personal projects though, they help once you have an interview. ^.^

• nova_ad_vitum@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

If you haven’t already, make a condensed version of your CV in point form. Literally one page, no more. Clear headings (education, experience, skills) with a few key bullets (3-4 max) per heading.

Remember, this terrible situation is due in part to the fact that services like Indeed make employers think they shouldn’t have to invest in hiring at all, so they don’t . They’re lazy, so your approach has to adapt to that .

Hang in there, I’ve been where you are. You’ll get through it.

• Gabu@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Hey, maybe start out by looking for bits instead. Sorry, I’m ashamed of my own joke, but it demands to be let free.