• erranto@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Kingdoms back then didn’t have as much control of the land and the people as nation states with all the suppressing technological and army apparatus of today. In many parts of the world you’ll be living peacefully for decades before any tax collectors showed up. World history goes beyond Europe’s borders

• Gabu@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

You had the boomer take of “hurr durr, they don’t teach history anymore” one reply up, then immediately say dumb shit like this…

• Cryophilia@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 months ago

Yeah yeah the average life expectancy was dragged down because of infant mortality I know. Congratulations, you found a technicality, dumbass. Do you deny my general point - which there’s no way you’re dumb enough to miss - that the standard of life, and medicine in particular, have vastly improved in the modern era?

• Gabu@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                9 months ago

i.e. you don’t have a point and don’t even want to go through the effort of considering the validity of your own opinions.

• Cryophilia@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  9 months ago

No I’m just too wise for your bullshit to work on me. “Define ‘modern era’” what a crock of shit. Come on. I fought in the Meme Wars of 2016. You have to do better than that. Stop trying to bog shit down in useless technicalities. Address my central premise or gtfo.