Mortality rate grows as animals roam long distances and clash with local people in desperate search for water.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

They’re doing things like slash and burn agriculture, with monoculture crops, so they’re sure helping.

• sph@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

It seems like easy talk to imply people in Africa can just go die of thirst as you think their water now belongs to the elephants, all from the comfort of your chair thousands of kilometers away while your country is contributing a thousand times more to the destruction of the world than they ever will. And I can state this with fair certainty as pretty much every country in the world is doing worse. What was even the point of your comment? How about you give them your water as they deserve it more?

• sph@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 months ago

How about you travel there and bring whatever you have?

Or maybe just start by reflecting why you even felt the need to state your original comment and think ‘yeah this is a nice and productive thing to say, that will help for sure’.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.worldM
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            9 months ago

So, like, one bottle of water? That’s all they allow you to take on a plane. I guess I could put a few more in a suitcase. I doubt that would be very helpful.