Regale us with tales of awful exes, terrible siblings, toxic Co workers and other nefarious characters you’ve encountered along the way in this journey we call life.

• FlashMobOfOne@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Um, my older brother.

My older brother, as we speak, is trying to evict my Mom and Dad out of a home they spent 30 years and $400,000 to pay for. They didn’t save for retirement so they live off of DoorDashing, but they’re also elderly so there isn’t much they can do for work. I’m trying to help them raise money to save their home via GoFundMe.

He committed fraud against them in getting them to sign over the house.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

Yeah, mom wanted a dozen but couldn’t have any more after #11, so they started fostering. Then they started adopting and didn’t want to split up siblings who were related, and that led to the seven adoptions. They’ve got big hearts for sure.

• 👁️👄👁️@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          10 months ago

Fostering is nice, but you’re running a barn with that many kids rather then having actually meaningful relationships. How big of a house do you need for that? How do you afford food for 18 people? It’s very irresponsible to take care of that many kids.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            10 months ago

You’re absolutely right.

The state government does have some funding to assist fosters, but those choices are also why they have no retirement.