Used to sail the high seas in the days of TPB and Demonoid (when they were still good). Started again recently with a servarr stack with Deluge on docker but didn’t realize it wasn’t seeding properly and now my torrentleech ratio is in grave danger.

What might I be missing in my network config? Docker has all ports exposed and Deluge has uPnP enabled. Downloads work just fine and torrents periodically connect to peers but nothing ever actually uploads.

• surrendertogravity@wayfarershaven.eu
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Probably stating the obvious, but keep the obscure stuff around! You might not get upload immediately but the longer you seed it, the more chance someone else who wants it will come along and you get some of the upload. the most real upload I’ve ever gotten on TL (talking 1.2/1.5/1.9 ratio, absolutely insane ratio to have on a home network for a TL torrent imo) was from submitting a reseed request for several super obscure boxsets that had other leechers and no seeders.

but do watch out for downloading any more non-freeleech stuff from TL if your ratio is already poor, as that’ll dig you into a bigger hole than just letting what you’ve already grabbed seed.