I’ve been considering purchasing a steam deck. My pc is in my office, which limits interaction with the rest of the family if I want to play anything. I’ve tried playing mobile games, but just can’t get use to the controls. Think it’s worth getting one?

• Evolone@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’ve never been a PC gamer (mainly cause I have always been in the Apple ecosystem), but have always wanted to get into it. Have felt like I’ve been missing out a lot.

I’ve considered a Steam Deck, because I’ve heard so many great things, including that it’s helped reignite passions for gaming in many people! But my concern is that I already am so busy and struggle to find time to sit down and game with my Switch or Xbox…I don’t know if getting a Steam Deck would even really make much of a difference in helping me play more at this point. Could be a pretty costly investment for myself if I don’t end up using it a ton.

Anyway, that’s my two cents. If you are gaming regularly and want to be able to do more “mobile” PC gaming, it’s probably a good option!

• Fubarberry@lemmy.fmhy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

My biggest barrier to playing games is only having short windows to play games, or not knowing how much time I have before I’ll have to stop.

Steam Deck is great for me because of it’s sleep function works in the middle of nearly every game (few exceptions are some online games that kick you from the session if you DC).

Thanks to sleep working mid game I can grab the deck, start playing in seconds, and stop again instantly when I need to without having to save/exit.

It’s turned a lot of times where I would normally just look at my phone into short but productive play sessions.