Working link for Z-Lib: https://zlibrary-asia.se/

There’re books I’m searching for that haven’t been uploaded to the mainstream ebook sites (libgen, z-lib, AA, etc.) mainly lifestyle magazines and non-fiction books. I checked the links in the megathread and those sites don’t have them either. So where do you all go when all else fails?

I’d love to learn how to pirate books on my own, since my only exposure is ripping books from The Internet Archive with Calibre. I’ve made book requests to Z-Library, but who knows when an uploader may get to it. VK used to be one of my go-to sources for magazines and novels, but it’s harder to find legitimate links and many of the older uploaders seemed to have disappeared. Twirpx doesn’t seem to get uploads frequently enough, so I’ve really only used it to upload new books myself or download outdated texts.

• Hot Saucerman@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Jeeze, you know, that’s the kind of stuff that makes me appreciate piracy.

The amount of media I’ve digested from other countries that I would have otherwise never been able to have been exposed to, because the cost of importing would be too high, is a lot. Piracy has literally made me a more well-rounded human by giving me access to information from other cultures and not restricting me to my own native culture’s viewpoints.

• Pearlescence@lemmy.dbzer0.comOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

It’s the reason why I love piracy and OER so much! Sci-Hub was such a great help when I wanted to read research papers and archive when I wanted to read an important article. It’s disheartening the way information is being so heavily gatekeeped and access to products being commercialized using a subscription-based model rather than a one and done deal.