• dustyData@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Good luck with that champ. I’m sure you’re a special boy that you and you alone, will achieve what hundreds of small and large companies with whole teams of engineers and lawyers have not done in the past 15 years.

• N0N0@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

I’m not going to do their work (as they’re not going to do mine) but good luck to You for defending the incapabilities of crybabies.

• dustyData@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

No, no. You said you would do it. Don’t abandon us now. You, as a dev, are obviously superior and more capable than any of the hundreds of thousands of people who currently make up the industry. You are unique and special, help us for we are incapable and dysfunctional babies, effectively braindead without your almighty guidance. Your biggest and smoothest of brain is the only solution to this conundrum that trillion dollar companies are incapable of solving. You and only you can save the video games. You ARE the ultimate game dev. Don’t forsake us, great one!

• N0N0@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          9 months ago

Acting pathetic doesn’t solve your problems.

See it doesn’t matter how keys are generated as they’re sold on an individual basis. Thus You can keep track of the exact credit card transaction that was used to buy each key. If You don’t save this information linked to each other then it’s your fault as the store manager. Don’t try to shift a problem of sales management to the customer. It doesn’t solve your problem but makes you looking yuck.

• dustyData@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            9 months ago

Again, devs don’t have access to the customer credit card data, there are laws, banks aren’t allowed to share that certain personal information. Devs aren’t retailers, they don’t manage the store. By law, the store manager is NOT allowed to share certain information. That’s why keys were invented in the first place. But even if the developers knew which key corresponds to a reversed card transaction, why would you punish the person who got scammed? Do you also advocate for prison time for theft victims? It is the stupidest argument to make. You have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. You don’t understand the problem and instead of accepting your ignorance, you double down on your own stupidity. Stop, get help.

• N0N0@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              edit-2
              9 months ago

I never wrote that devs have access to cc information, but sales departement has. This is due to information responsibilities of the cc service when they reverse transactions.

Anyways, following your argumentation: how does it make sense for the store to punish the devs when on the other hand it doesn’t make sense (for you) to punish the customer? And why the heck do devs still blame customers but not the shop? Remember: the shop is selling keys and it is the shops work to keep track of payment information.

Sorry to say but your logic is still yuck.

• dustyData@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                edit-2
                9 months ago

Exactly, it doesn’t make sense that the devs are left with the transaction fees. But it’s the way it is set up legally speaking right now. That’s why most devs suggest to people to please pirate the game instead of using resellers and risking a scam. They are being kind with users and not banning keys or users, because it’s technically almost impossible and makes no ethical sense.

But by now you’ve proven to be too stupid and/or immoral to understand the point. So I’m going to stop wasting my time with you and stop replying.

• N0N0@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  9 months ago

It’s not set up this way legally, it is set up this way because devs and sales commited to this practice. Still devs are trying to blame the customers for a problem that is clearly originated on the sales management side.

Btw. this is not about morality but about legality and the lack of responsibility at the sales-side, trying to play this card is just a sign of you going out of arguments and … I wrote this already… does make your POV look yuck.

Anyways, appreciated our lil discussions so thx for your time, live long and prosper!