Sometimes life gives you what you need, just when the previous journal (Leuchtturm) is about to run out of pages.

I am currently sick at home and had some meds delivered. They added this free notebook to the bag. I wouldn’t normaly get a spiral bind, but beggars can’t be choosers… Anxiously, I opend it up, afraid to find lines, squares or dots, but rejoice: I had recieved a book full of blank pages, just how I like it. (I can’t say how many times I didn’t buy a gorgeous notebook because of this.)

Added the frame and the white title field to make it truly mine. Then I went and cancelled my online order for a new journal I had placed just yesterday.

• witless@lemmy.nz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Nice! I’m a wirebind fan - I love being able to turn the pages back over on themselves so I’m only looking at one single page, instead of a spread. Plus I have access to binders at work so I can take the bind off and print my preferred layout straight onto the pages and rebind, since I have trouble finding the kind of book I like.

Hope you enjoy the new format :)

• thonofpy@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I like how they effortlessly lie super flat, but it always bothers me just a little to rest my hand on the bind while writing. Binding your own sounds great fun though. Also you can just rip out a page without leaving any trace.