I’m looking to learn to build things for iOS. I already know other languages besides Swift, but I’d really like to have a structured path for this. Any recommendations?

• Kissaki@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

No idea about iOS specifically, but I would always go for official documentation first.

• Badewaschel@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’ve learned it with Stanford’s CS193p course. https://cs193p.sites.stanford.edu/

It’s the best way to learn both the platform fundamentals, as well as good programming principles. Beware though, it’s definitely for advanced students, and there’s homework.

• Mifuyne@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Maybe give exercism’s Swift track a try?

Word of warning, I do find some of exercism’s “lessons” hit or miss. Most of the time, the exercises seem to expect more knowledge of the language than what was given in the “lessons.” Be prepared to do some searching, if the “lessons” don’t provide further reading itself. It does also provide the ability for you to unlock and peek at other people’s published solutions.

• sydneybrokeit@beehaw.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

The big issue I have here is that there’s a lot more to iOS development than just Swift. If it was just “learn Swift”, I’ve taught myself multiple languages and I know how to do that pretty easily now. It’s all the other things – the iOS parts – that I’m really struggling to start with.