on some comments, the number of votes is different when I view them from this instance vs when I open them in their respective instances.

one more thing I’ve noticed is that some comments have 0 vote on this instance but in reality have 1 vote mostly from other lemmy instances like lemmy.world and kbin.social

I’m guessing this has something to do with federation ?

• User Deleted@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Yea thats just Lemmy being Lemmy. I have a community on my instance that hasn’t updated on lemmy.ml for 12 days, and deleted comments dont get its deletion request sent to the fediverse, Display Names and Profile Description are taking days to update, if it even update at all. New open source projecrs are gonna be buggy. I don’t expect this to be fixed for a few months. I don’t know if the devs get enough funding to be developing Lemmy full time, or if this is just their hobby and they have to spend most of their time on a job or something. If developing Lemmy is just a hobby, it might take a long time to fix the issues.

• Soullioness@atosoul.zapto.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I don’t even think that would be “correct” because what if I up vote on my instance and it doesn’t immediately sync to the posts host instance?