US medical professionals will conduct a formal analysis of presumed remains, the coast guard said.

• AllonzeeLV@vlemmy.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Right?! There’s innumerable dead adrenaline junkies maimed and killed all the time doing something that has a high mortality rate, by design!

Everyone’s just on pins and needles about this particular one because he’s among the global oppressor class.

But just like so many self-serving cultural views our oligarchs have pushed on us, a peasant with a death wish is crazy, a wealthy person with a death wish is eccentric.

• Talaraine@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I think it’s the presumption of godhood that so many of these alarmingly wealthy individuals have that makes stories like these so morbidly fascinating.

I can feel badly for them, each in their own way… but some small black-hearted part of me is just happy that for once, the asshole making the poor decisions suffered for them.

• keeb420@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

there was another billionaire who died at a crash at a race track recently. that one is more tragic to me because theres a lot more people who that could happen to, poor people to billionaires love racing. these people died trying to feed their own ego at the cheapest cost. i get why some people might try and stretch to do things on a vacation or whatever if theyll likely never get to do it again. these people couldve paid james cameron to take them down, instead they chose stockton rush.