Florida’s Republican governor said he would seek to abolish the departments of Education, Commerce and Energy, as well as the IRS.

“If Congress will work with me on doing that, we’ll be able to reduce the size and scope of government,” he added. “If Congress won’t go that far, I’m going to use those agencies to push back against woke ideology and against the leftism that we see creeping into all institutions of American life.”

• iAmTheTot@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It does though. Policy should be the only thing that matters. We need to force our politicians to talk about their actual plans, the actions they will actually take, the policies they will enforce.

• Invalid@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Let me rephrase. He is saying “Get rid of these agencies or I’m going to fuck you with all of the power they give me.”

My point is that the details of how he fucks you is not as important as the fact that he is going to.

• iAmTheTot@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

We fundamentally disagree my friend. I know what you’re saying and I disagree. The how is important. I want him, and all politicians, to be pressed on telling Americans how they’re going to do these things. Tell Americans in no uncertain terms how their policies will impact them.

• Invalid@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I want him, and all politicians, to be pressed on telling Americans how they’re going to do these things. Tell Americans in no uncertain terms how their policies will impact them.

I 100% agree with you there.

I’m just concerned about getting distracted by the “or else” part of his statement when his real intention is getting rid of the agencies.