recent: tears of the kingdom, or as i like to call it botw 1.2, its the same thing all over again just with one or two added gimicks, the open world is dead, npcs are boring and nintendo just got away with it like that

not so recent: i cant stand persona 5, joker and his entourage are annoying teenagers, the time management is a horrible gameplay addition and the artstyle is just a visual overstimulation

with that being said,~~ plz dont kill me~~

• SubmarineDoor@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I hated Prey 2017. Everyone raves about it, but the storyline was very predictable and cliche and the combat was just atrocious.

• uzay@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I have played neither so far, but I remember hearing, that Prey 2017 has nothing to do with the “original” and the developers didn’t want to name it that, but the publisher insisted to piggyback on the name recognition

• Mandy@beehaw.orgOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

sure but the game isnt exactly that good either honestly, that ending makes everything you have done utterly pointless. The opening was dope tho

• SubmarineDoor@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I enjoyed the original too. Not sure what it had to do with the new one though. The tone and gameplay were totally different.