While Elon’s then-partner Grimes was recording her part in the game as cyborg popstar Lizzy Wizzy, the erratic tech billionaire turned up with an antique firearm to “insist” on being included in the game. “The studio guys were like sweating,” Grimes is quoted as saying. Musk adds “I told them that I was armed but not dangerous”.

Apparently, the developers relented at the time, though it’s unclear if Musk did actually get the cameo in the end.

• qyron@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

I don’t own this game and I don’t intend on buying any time soon.

But when I eventually get it, if I think find that figure in the game, I’m going after it and throw it off a very tall building. Twice.

• bermuda@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

I played through the main story twice and I dont ever remember encountering a character based on Elon or a character voiced by him. His then-girlfriend Grimes has a character with a medium length side-questline, but that character isn’t based on her either. Part of the quest means “dealing with” her new boyfriend, but I didn’t really think that guy was based on Elon either.

There are a lot of corpo people in the game that you deal with, but most of them are just parodies of all billionaires, not really one in particular.

Would be shitty if he’s in Phantom Liberty though.